The Jesuits sponsor a truly amazing array of schools, parishes, retreat centers, and social services throughout the world, as well as networks of collaboration among all those institutions. In addition, many Jesuit ministries span geopolitical boundaries, from the Jesuit Refugee Service to Christian Life Communities to the Vatican Observatory. You can connect with all these apostolates, and learn about Jesuit history, spirituality, and mission through the various web portals of the Order:
- The Midwest Jesuits regional center
- The U.S. national Jesuit offices
- The Roman Curia, the international headquarters of the Society of Jesus
Of particular interest to alumni is the World Union of Jesuit Alumni, which brings together former students of Jesuit schools and universities from the entire world. Their next international conference will take place in Cleveland, Ohio, in June, 2017.
Michigan Jesuit High Schools and Universities:
Detroit Area Jesuit Ministries:
- Manresa Jesuit Retreat House
- Pope Francis Center Ministry to the Homeless
- Jesuit Volunteer Corps (for post-college young adults)
- Faith in the D Young Adult Ministry & Leadership Development
- Ignatian Volunteer Corps (for retirees over 50)
Local Jesuit Parishes:
- Gesu Church and Gesu Catholic School (17180 Oak Drive, Detroit, MI 48221)
- St. Mary Student Parish at University of Michigan (331 Thompson St., Ann Arbor, MI 48104)
- Saints Peter and Paul Jesuit Church (438 St. Antoine St., Detroit, MI 48226)
Ignatian Spirituality and Prayer:
- Sacred Space offers daily guided meditations on your screen with music, as well as downloadable MP3s and an app: Pray As You Go.
- IgnatianSpirituality.com is a comprehensive collection of resources, many downloadable, including an app on the daily Examen.
- Creighton University’s Online Ministries, including Daily Reflections and The Online Retreat.